Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gifts of the Holy Spirit Can Transform a Man


The fruits of the Holy Spirit is one in which is mostly ignored in a Christians’ life. Some of these fruits are; faithfulness, love, patience, peace, joy, and so on. If all of these fruits have been given to all Christians; why do some still harbor hatred, impatience, trouble, sadness, and more? There may be a few reasons, namely; lack of knowledge of God’s word, battle with the enemy, and intermittent or no fellowship with God.

The gifts of the Holy Spirit could sometimes be confused for the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Although, interrelated, there are differences. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are; understanding, wisdom, reverence, counsel, fear of the Lord, wisdom and courage. A believer can have all these gifts by constantly engaging in Holy Spirit prayer. The Holy Spirit has used me in several ways to achieve excellence in academics, career and more. In my book, titled; Unleashing God’s Power: Maximize This Great Benefit of Christianity in Your Life, I highlighted many ways in which I was helped by the Holy Spirit to achieve success. I discussed how it happened, what I did to make it happen, and the results that came about.

Engaging in Holy Spirit prayer is very vital for Christians because when you do this, it is God the Holy Spirit in you who is praying to God the Father. This guarantees you answered prayers because you will be praying the perfect will of the Father.

One Wednesday morning, I was in a far country, where I attended early morning breakthrough prayer session. As I was on my way home, I stopped by my one of my Pastor friend’s house. I had been born again for a while but not baptized in the Holy Spirit. Guess what she asked me? “Would you like to be baptized in the Holy Spirit”? Immediately, I knew it was a divine arrangement; so I said yes, right away, and ever since then my life has been transformed. As I stand today, I can gladly tell you that I have all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the fruits of the Holy Spirit. However, note that these did not just happen overnight; it took several months or even years of continually engaging in Holy Spirit prayer.

One attribute I love about the Holy Spirit is that, He is always ready to help you, but most times you need to ask Him. He is also a very gentle Spirit; He does not force Himself on any man or woman, you have to invite Him. I shared some testimonies that I received through the Holy Spirit in my book. When you receive the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit; you will be a transformed human being. One condition is; you have to be born again to receive and enjoy these benefits.

Find more information in my book | Uncommon Truths Leading to Success: Maximizing These Benefits of Christianity in Your Life  


By Jimi Akanbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment